Are you a graduate who didn't make it to the reputed universities? Are you a graduate who is looking desperately for a job and a direction because you are not placed through campus? Are you an agressive graduate looking to get some real time experience and connect with graduates internationally to boost your job oppurtunities? Are you a graduate who cannot spend lot of money to learn cutting edge skills?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
If you didn't make it to the elite universities, give it a damn! If you have the will then you can find your way through MOOC (Mass Open Online Courses) and probably even register a course from top universities like Harvard and get yourself certified in it:)
I am going to concentrate more on the SAP MOOC in this blog because that is the my field of expertise. However, I will provide you the links for other MOOC's at the end of this blog to get your career kick started!
What is a MOOC(Mass Open Online Course)?
Are you a graduate looking for a career in SAP?
What is in it for me as a graduate?
- It helps the graduate to keep up to date with innovations from SAP and build the skills that are in demand in the market .
- It helps you to build your network and social skills internationally and connect with liked minded peers from SAP.
- If you do your assignments right in time and pass the test then you will get a openSAP certificate from SAP. Who wouldn't like to have an edge over their peers?
- If you score good percentage then there is a chance that SAP may contact you for any roles in future because they keep your records in the database.
What should you to do to finish the course from openSAP?
- Register with openSAP.
- Enroll into the courses that are of interest to you and that fit into your schedule.
- Finish the assignments and get a certificate! What are you waiting for? Please contact their support center or check out the FAQ for more information. Please read the blog on how I learnt SAP HANA based on in-memory computing for further assistance.
- Go social with openSAP and connect with them on twitter to get an update about when the course will be launched.
You are a talent – student, graduate or professional – interested in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths? You are looking for the job of your dreams? Academy Cube rolls training and recruitment into one integrated platform. While you take online courses to improve your skills, you can search for open positions and get found by recruiters. Check the video below to understand how academy cube works!
- It helps the graduates to acquire the skills that are required by the industry.
- It helps the graduates to connect with the prospective employers internationally and learn the skills in demand and meet the expectations of the employers.
- Academy Cube offers you for a wide range of positions across Europe ranging from business, management and functional roles through to highly technical roles requiring a strong science background.
- You can also earn certificates by completing courses and passing exams. This prepares you for the requirements of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and takes you one big step closer to your dream job.
- Register with Academy Cube.
- Create a convincing profile and maintain your competencies.
- Match your profile with your dream job profile and identify skill gaps.
- Get course suggestions to improve your skillset for your selected dream job. Register for the course.
- Get found by recruiters who are constantly looking for qualified talents.
- Connect with your peers on social networks.
3. SAP University Alliances
The University Alliances Program (UAP) opens up the world of SAP to more than 1,500 universities worldwide. Through the universities gain access to an ever expanding range of exciting opportunities to engage with one of the world’s leading technology companies. Associate members can take part in SAP competitions and contests, send students to our Innojams, Codejams and Design Thinking events, get involved with our Co-Innovation projects with customers and partners in the SAP universe and get directly involved in research and the development of new SAP solutions.
- Access a wealth of study materials, case studies, white papers, courses and other e-learning resources developed in collaboration with leading faculty, students, partners and customers around the world. Click here to visit the learning center.
- Get engaged with the University Alliances community through the Media Hub. It’s the ”student center” where you can find announcements, news, analysis, webinars, movies, animations and other cool multimedia content. Click here to connect with University Media Hub.
- Join students of business, computing, engineering and the arts from around the world as they engage with and advise us. Gain access to special activities and opportunities such as competitions and participation at special events. Click here to connect with SAP Student Council.
- Join SAP University Alliance by registering with them . You can opt for either associate membership which is free of cost or ask your college or professors to buy the full membership from SAP using the college funds. It is given at not-for profit prices.
- Register with SAP University Alliance by following the step to step guide.
- Join the course that complements your field of study. Ex: If you are MBA in accounting then do a course in SAP Finance and Controlling.
- Participate in the events, competetions and Innojams to stay connected with the industry and build your reputation with the employers. Check the video below to find out how you can connect with the big shots in the industry.
I am not interested in SAP or IT! Are there any courses for me at all from other universities?
- EdX is a massive open online course (MOOC) platform founded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University in May 2012 to host online university-level courses in a wide range of disciplines to a worldwide audience at no charge and to conduct research into learning. Register with EdX and choose the topic of your interest.
- Coursera is a for-profit educational technology company offering massive open online courses (MOOCs) founded by computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller from Stanford University. Coursera works with universities to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, and other subjects. Coursera has an official mobile app for iPhone and Android. Take the world's best courses online for free, register with Courseera.
- ALISON (Advance Learning Interactive Systems Online) is an e-learning provider founded in Galway, Ireland in 2007 by serial entrepreneur, Mike Feerick. Its stated objective is to enable people to gain basic education and workplace skills. Contrary to other MOOC providers with close links to American third level institutions such as MIT and Stanford University, the majority of ALISON's learners are located in the developing world with the fastest growing number of users in India.
- Class central is an aggregator of all mass open online courses offered via EdX , Courseera,Udacity etc. Check all of them out and register with whom ever you like!